Fantastic for small and medium-sized rooms.
The Crane Cool Mist Humidifer + Aroma Diffuser features a 1.3 litre tank, runs for up to 17 hours, and humidifies a room up to 18.5 sq. m. A great option for parents looking for natural alternatives to cough medicine and other croup, cough and cold remedies, as it increases moisture in the air. A Crane Humidifier can be used with persistent dry coughs and congestion from newborn babies right through to toddlers and adults. Humidifiers are an ideal choice when dealing with the discomforts of nasal congestion, dry itchy skin and hair, chapped lips, nosebleeds, and dry throats.
Also features an optional colour-changing light and sleek design, mixing healthy living and stylish decor in any room, and the option to add aromatherapy blends for diffusion.
Suitable for 0+ years.
- Cool mist humidifier
- Works with essential oils as an aroma diffuser
- Optional colour-changing light
- Ultrasonic Cool Mist increases moisture in the air to open up airways and promote a good night's sleep
- Great for use with cough, cold and flu symptoms, nasal congestions, dry cough, sinus irritation, nose bleeds, and dry skin and hair
- Removable 1.3 litre tank easily fits under most bathroom sinks
- Runs whisper-quiet for up to 17 hours
- Effectively humidifies small and medium-sized rooms up to 18.5 square metres
- Auto-Off function activates when water tank is empty
- More energy efficient than a household light bulb - up to 20W
- Does not require a filter
Please do not carry the water tank by the handle when it is filled with water, and do not use hot water to fill tank. The humidifier on/off switch has a tiny blue light on it, so when turned on you will see a small light from this. You can put something in front of it to block the light if you wish.
The nightlight function is optional; it has a separate switch to the humidifier on/off switch. You can choose to have it on rotating colours, pick a single colour, or have it turned off.
Why should I use a Humidifier?
The real question is, why shouldn't you? Humidifiers add essential moisture to indoor air that air conditioners and heaters can remove. Having the right balance of moisture in the air can relieve congestion from the common cold and soothe dry and persistent cough, croup, dry skin and eyes, and irritated sinuses. Perfect for babies, adults, and everyone in between, a humidifier's additional moisture thins the mucus in the sinuses, which may make it easier to breathe. And we know that when it comes down to your family's health, you're all about breathing easy! Even if you're feeling great, our Crane Humidifiers are must-haves.
Is This Suitable for Babies and Toddlers?
Yes, this unit is designed for use with your baby or toddler and the range of fun designs makes it easy to find something your little one will love. The cool mist technology makes it safe to have in the home, unlike hot steam vaporisers which can be a burns hazard.
Humidifier or Vaporiser?
Humidifier is the name in the US for what is usually called a Vaporiser (sometimes spelled as vapouriser or vapourizer) in NZ and Australia. It is important to note that Crane Adorable, Drop and TravelHumidifer/Vaporisers are Cool Mist Ultrasonic Vaporisers, not to be confused with warm mist or steam vaporisers. We use the terms Humidifier and Vaporiser interchangeably when referring to Crane products.
Which is Better: Warm Mist or Cool Mist?
The major difference is that a Warm Mist Humidifier is heating the water to produce steam vapour. Cool Mist Humidifiers use an Ultrasonic Nebulizer that vibrates at a very high frequency to produce an extra fine water mist. When it comes to humidifying a room, there is not much of a difference between the two types - both are equally effective. However, paediatricians and parents alike recommend Cool Mist Humidifiers for babies and children because there is no heating element, which could be a safety risk for a child. Cool Mist Humidifiers can also save money on energy costs.
Can I use Essential Oils with my Crane Ultrasonic Humidifier and Diffuser?
Yes. Unlike traditional Crane Humidifiers, this new model with 'diffuser' function has a water tank which is resistant to oil damage.
A Humidifier Is a Common Baby Registry Item. Why Does My Baby Need One?
Newborns are Obligate Nasal Breathers, meaning that they can only breathe in through their nose for the first 4-6 months of their lives. Their nostrils are so small that even the tiniest clog can make everything from feeding to sleeping difficult and frustrating. Perhaps more importantly, the American Academy of Paediatrics advises against using over-the-counter cold medication for children under the age of 6. For these reasons, many paediatricians and parents recommend using Cool Mist Humidifiers.
Does This Crane Humidifier Have a Light?
The mode indicator lights switch off after selection - ideal for darkened rooms.
What is the Best Way to Clean My Crane Humidifier?
It's simple. Regular cleaning will keep your humidifier running smoother, for longer. We highly recommend emptying the water tank and basin after each use and disinfecting them at least once a week with water and a few capfuls of white vinegar. Please check the manual for further instructions.
Do I Need a Filter to Run My Crane Humidifier?
Nope. We're all about simple, clean design, so our humidifiers work perfectly without a filter. In some cases, such as when using bore water, you could notice a fine white mineral dust collecting near your Crane. If so you can switch to distilled water to lower the dust-building mineral content. Crane Demineralization Filters will remove these excess minerals, so your air (and your home) stays clean.
Here's the Quick & Dirty Rundown of Everything You Need to Know for Shipping & Delivery:
- NZ orders are charged a flat-rate of $8.00 per order (no rural surcharges)
- International shipping will be calculated at the checkout
- Generally, orders placed by 12:00 PM on business days are dispatched the same day as ordered, via overnight courier (meaning you should have your gorgeous goodies 1-2 business days after placing your order)
- 95% of packages are shipped via OVERNIGHT COURIER (Courier Post) as our standard level of service (exceptions are big & bulky items to the North Island)
- Internationl orders are shipped via NZ Post AirMail or DHL Express (you can select at checkout and delivery timeframes are provided there for each service)
- We DO NOT charge a rural surcharge (please allow additional days for rural delivery)
- Please anticipate delays after weekends, holidays and promotional times due to increased order volumes
- You'll receive a shipping confirmation e-mail when your order ships (these can sometimes end up on Spam or Junk, so please have a look there)
- Orders are dispatched Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays)
For the full details on all of our shipping information, please pop on over here.
OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU
Naked Baby Eco Boutique guarantees that you will be delighted by your shopping experience with us. If you are not happy with any aspect of your purchasing experience, please let us know so we may resolve these issues. Our aim is to not only meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act, but to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Returns and Exchanges (The Quick and Dirty):
- You are welcome to return an item for a refund to the original payment method within 21 days of purchase
- For purchases made online, the cost to return the item to us will be at the customer's expense (and the original shipping fee is non-refundable)
- Should you wish to exchange size or colour of an item, we will happily do so as part of our complimentary one-way exchange program (you ship the original item to us at your cost, and we will ship the replacement item to you at no additional shipping charge)
- Outside of 21 days, items may be exchanged or store credit provided, for up to 90 days
- Items MUST be returned in perfect, saleable condition, including the packaging (unwashed, unused, unworn - please package carefully so they don't get damaged when shipping back to us)
- All refunds will be processed via the original payment method, once the product is received by us in saleable condition, within 7 business days
- In the unlikely event that an item is faulty, please get in touch with us ASAP to chat about next steps (please DO NOT use the item)
- For further information, please refer to our Refunds & Exchanges page or our FAQs