An adorable introduction to native NZ birds.
The Lil Peppy "Baby Meets Bird" Board Book has been designed to help focus and calm your baby, through its simple high-contrast images. Focused on New Zealand birds, with wording in both English and Te Reo, this adorable board book is perfect for bonding with baby, cuddles, story time, or to keep babe engaged during tummy time.
Research had shown that newborns prefer to look at faces rather than objects, and these native wildlife faces not only captivate babies, but help them develop a greater sense of understanding of their surrounding world. Through face recognition, babies learn to relate to others and develop empathy.
For newborns and young babies, black and white geometric imagery is the most appealing, as their colour perception is limited, as is their capacity for sight. As such, babies love high-contrast, black-and-white patterns, which attract their attention, help them focus, allow their minds to rest, lengthen attention span, improve memory, and develop their nervous system.
Suitable for 0+ months.
- Gorgeous baby board book
- Pages written in English and Te Reo
- Featuring New Zealand native birds
- High-contrast images
- Great for focus, attention span, memory, and developing the nervous system
- Written and illustrated in New Zealand
- Printed on FSC certified stock, with vegetable soy-based ink
- Beautiful simple black and white design
- All Lil Peppy books are ethically manufactured using environmentally friendly, safe, sustainable materials and practices
- Dimensions: 160mm x 160mm